Toyota Safety Sense™
Toyota is a trusted brand when it comes to safety— that’s why Toyota models like the 2018 Camry and 2018 RAV4 have won so many safety awards. We’ve broken it down so that you can see exactly what measures Toyota takes to ensure that you and your passengers stay safe on every drive.
What is Toyota Safety Sense™?
Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) is a set of active safety features that are standard on most Toyota vehicles. Each year Toyota updates these features with the latest technology to help prevent the three most common types of accidents: frontal collisions, unintended lane departures, and nighttime accidents.*
What Features Are Included with Toyota Safety Sense™?
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: Utilizes radar and cameras to alert you of vehicles or pedestrians in your path, and assists in applying brakes to help avoid a frontal collision.
- Lane Departure Alert: Informs you of lane departures on clearly marked roads when driving over 32 mph.
- Automatic High Beams: Detects the headlights and taillights of vehicles around you, and automatically toggles your car’s high beams accordingly.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Helps you maintain a preset distance behind other vehicles, even adjusting speed for vehicles that are driving slower than you are.
- Road Sign Assist: Available in the 2019 Corolla Hatchback, this new feature detects and alerts you of oncoming stop signs, speed limit signs, and other road signs.
Learn More at Lone Star Toyota of Lewisville
If safety is a top priority for you when purchasing a new car, consider making the drive from Coppell to Lone Star Toyota of Lewisville to learn more about the safety and technology features like the Toyota Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, which is available on your favorite Toyota models. We have a variety of new vehicle specials available so that you can buy a car you feel great about at a price you’ll love.
*Drivers are responsible for their own safe driving. Always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. System effectiveness is dependant on many factors including road, weather, and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.